THIS CLASS IS FULLY BOOKED.
Please email email@example.com to be put on a waiting list.
Tutor: Lucy Paine, graduate of classical Florence-based atelier Charles H. Cecil Studios.
This short workshop is an introductory course in painting in oils through the traditional practice of still life. From knowing your materials, to finalising your painting you will be taught basic practical skills.
Materials included in starter pack:
• Michael Harding Beginner’s artist oil colours
• Daler Rowney tear off palette
• Selection of Green and Stone hog brushes
• 75ml of thickened linseed oil
• 75ml sansodor
• Size 12 flat hog brush
• Size 0 Pro Arte Sterling (round) synthetic brush
• Size 2 Pro Arte Sterling (round) synthetic brush
• 6F 33 x 41cm canvas board
• Jakar portable easel provided – option to purchase with 10% discount
• White spirit and soap for cleaning brushes
• Glass jars for decanting medium / thinner
• Sennelier Apron
• Pencils/ charcoal
The course will take place within The Gallery at Green and Stone and consists of 4 lessons over March. 1 lesson per week every Tuesday 6.30 – 8pm pm in the gallery.
5th, 12th, 19th, 26th of March
Please arrive on time to allow sufficient time to set up your materials.
The total cost of the course including the starter pack is £295. We require this amount is paid before the course commences via online bank transfer.