We are looking for an artistic, confident and friendly person to join our team 4 days a week including Saturdays. This role is incredibly dynamic and would suit someone looking to supplement their art career with a friendly work place, great rate of pay and other working benefits.
You will be very well versed in most artist disciplines including but not limited to oil, watercolour, acrylic and dry mediums such as pencil and pastel. You will be able to guide our clientele to which products are most suitable for their needs, advising them in a confident and in a friendly manner.
Ordering of Products
- You will be responsible for a number of companies/manufacturers and will deal with the ordering of those products when they are low on stock.
- Speak to representatives of companies from time to time to make sure our stock and inventory is up to date with current trends and advancements in technology.
- You will research for new products that will be of interest to our customers.
- You will get cover for your ordering with another member of staff whilst away on holiday/leave.
- You will know how to stretch canvases both primed and unprimed in a professional way, we will give some tutoring, but experience and competence in stretching is essential.
- You will organise the larger canvas orders (done off-site) liaising with both the customer and our off site workshop.
You will ideally have knowledge or will be willing to learn how to update a WordPress website. You will be responsible for updating prices and information alongside completing online orders.
There will be occasions where you will be required to design new labels/signage for the shop and our products. You will have a competent in navigating around a computer and the various software such as photoshop, word etc.
You will be happy to photo and write exciting posts about new products and goings-on to our instagram profile.
(If social media is a keen interest there is a possibility of working on the Gallery Social Media too).
The deliveries we have coming into the shop are often heavy, we will need someone who is capable of lifting heavy items safely and are comfortable doing so.
We have displays throughout the shop, you will be responsible for keeping them fresh, well stocked and interesting to look at.
What you need to know:
I will be conducting interviews for this job from the 1st – 5th of August for a start date of the 8th of August. You will shadow the member of staff you will be replacing until the 31st of August, after this, you will work independently.
You get an hours break, you may take this in intervals of your choosing.
You will receive 20 days paid holiday a year (providing you work 4 days per week)
You will need to work every Saturday and give at least 4 weeks notice if you require to take this day off
There are some great benefits that come with working at Green and Stone including a fantastic wage
PLEASE SEND CV AND COVER LETTER TO HB@GREENANDSTONE.COM
If there is any duty you don’t think you’ll be able to do, don’t worry, just say what it is and hopefully we can sort something out.